Thursday, April 9, 2009

Little Eggsessive


We are enjoying our spring break. There is nothing pressing on the agenda...love that. We have a few egg projects going on around here.

I enjoy pulling out my saved favorite dyed eggs from the previous years (blown, of course!).



Sophie decorated the tree.



For the last several weeks, this great idea has been circulating. So a couple of weeks ago, we each picked out our favorite seeds. Sophia picked out sweet peas. Micah picked out sunflowers. Josh picked pumpkin seeds and I (love my) zinnias. I was hoping they would be sprouting by Easter, but no sign yet. We are responsible for taking care of our own seeds (so I'm hoping this will be good practice for our garden this summer).



The kids helped me fill the eggs for the big Easter Egg Hunt Saturday. This time we're going to color code the eggs for the little ones so that they won't be left out.
Wanting to make some sugar cookies but not having a egg cookie cutter, I just used half of a plastic egg and it worked very well.



Finally, here are Josh's favorite eggs. They are called Resurrection Eggs and they tell the Easter Story.


Dark Blue- Donkey Matthew 21:1-9

Light Pink- Coins Matthew 26:14-16, 46-50;27:1-5

Light purple- Cup Matthew 26:17-19, 26-28' Exodus 12:23

Orange- Praying hands Mark 14:32-42

Green- Leather John 19:1-15

Light Yellow- Crown Matthew 27:29-31

Yellow- Nails John 19:16-22

Light Green- Dice John 19:23-25

Purple- Spear John 19:31-37

Cream- Linen Matthew 27:57-61

Pink- Stone Matthew 28:1-3

Light Blue- Empty Matthew 28:5-8

3 comments:

Kim said...

What a smart and fun mommy you are.
I love the blown eggs, I thought they were guinea eggs, so small and simple.

Carrie S said...

I love all the egg projects. Wish I had that kind of energy level right now. Thanks for sharing fun ideas.

Miriam Peterson said...

Thanks for the list of scriptures! We found the Resurrection Eggs at a yard sale, but without the book. Now we can really use them.