Saturday, May 9, 2009

Looking Heavenward

Today is Samantha's birthday. I stayed busy today, purposefully, trying to ignore that lingering lump in the throat. She would have been 2 years old today. The ache of the mother's heart doesn't go away. When I miss her the most, I think how wonderful it is that I know where she is. I didn't 'lose' a baby. She is with the merciful Saviour.


I once scorned ev'ry fearful thought of death,
When it was but the end of pulse and breath,
But now my eyes have seen that past the pain
There is a world that's waiting to be claimed.
Earthmaker, Holy, let me now depart,
For living's such a temporary art.
And dying is but getting dressed for God,
Our graves are merely doorways cut in sod.


Calvin Miller, The Divine Symphony (Minneapolis: Bethany, 2000),

1 comment:

Mrs. MK said...

Looking with you, ever onward, closer to our home, the place where we belong!

Prayers for you this day and tomorrow, too!