Monday, July 20, 2009

Sophie's poem

My Happy Nine Golden Years
by Sophia

When I was born,
and first opened my eyes,
I was my parents
first surprise!
When I was 1,
I played and hid,
I crawled and rolled,
and slept, I did.
When I was 2,
My! Was I funny!
I believed in magic,
and the Easter bunny.
When I was 3,
I started to talk,
I could run, at last, laugh and walk.
When I was 4
I was finally me,
as everyone, is you see.
When I was 5
I had huge fun,
to my birthday, I invited everyone.
When I was 6
I still was excited,
I read, I spoke, I ran, I writed.
When I was 7,
I loved my age,
I think I loved to draw,
a picture on every page.
As I am 8,
I'm contently glad,
for I have no reason to be sad.
When I am 9,
When ten nears,
for then I'll remember
my happy golden years.

3 comments:

MCA said...

This is beautiful! Sophie is so talented. This should be published :)
I've missed your postings lately. I trust your family is well. I made the homemade laundry detergent and I think I like it. Thanks again!
Michelle

amyc said...

Bravo, Soph!

Carrie S said...

What did you think of the laundry detergent? Have you made any? Loved the poem by Sophie - so talented! Thank you for sharing!