Monday, January 4, 2010

Bright Pink Envelopes


After asked to sit down on the couch, I was presented with two pink envelopes from my 9 year old and 7 year old.

In it were two poems:

Happy Birthday Mama!
Have a Happy Birthday in this wonderful New Year.
We love you Mama.
Roses are red Violets are blue
and that is why we love you!!!

Love, Micah.



The other one read:


Happy Birthday Mama!

Happy Birthday Mama!
May, it bring joy to you,
You've been a great parent,
and make us glad too.

Your kindness and faithfulness
and being so smart,
Brings us to know,
You're a work of art!

If it weren't for you, we would be oh, so sad!
But now that you're here,
we're extremely glad.

Years have grown so fast,
so have you,
and surprisingly now,
you're at the age
thirty-two!

We each have something special,
We're sure you'll love it!
It's the best we can give,
and it's small, I admit.

We each have a birthday envelope,
with your present in it too,
Happy Birthday, Mama! We love you!

Love, Sophia

(Enclosed was a lovely, homemade pot holder!)


Josh, my 5 year old, said because it was my birthday, he would make a tent out of a sheet (draped over the floor vent to 'poof it out').


As the day progressed I laughed at how requests had a different twist to them. "Mom, since it's your birthday, can I...?"


A birthday can't get much better than this!

1 comment:

Carrie S said...

I haven't read your blog in so long and I'm so glad I dropped in. I so enjoy Sophia's gift for writing. What a blessing and a treasure those birthday letters are! Thank you for sharing.