Friday, July 30, 2010

The Farm Part 2

Their pasture land was my favorite. Here we're all taking a ride in Uncle Steve's truck looking at the slightly rolling hills, beautiful trees and creek.



Uncle Steve dared the kids to sit in the cold creek for a dollar.







Earlier that evening we went down the road to their little country church.





This church my great grandparents also helped build and was where the 3 generations have attended. So it was where my mom attended as a child.



My grandfather who was a farmer by trade, also was an artist. He took art classes through a correspondence course and therefore was considered the local artist. He painted the two paintings in this church, as well as landscape scenes on barns and chalktalks for local Sunday Schools or VBS'.



My grandfather passed away one year before I was born but my grandmother gave me several of his well-worn art books, since I inherited his love for art.



This was the same month and time of year my parents were married here years ago.


I'm so thankful to be a part of this 3 generations + of parents who urge their children to follow Christ. I know that being raised in a Christian home doesn't mean you will be a Christian. But to be raised hearing the gospel and reading the Bible from an early age sure saves time when life hits and you're wondering what's going on. I'm thankful for that moment in late high school when I decided to commit my life to Christ and that little bit of faith has grown bigger and bigger as Christ reveals Himself to me on a daily basis.


Going back to the farm, I was noticing what a beautiful time of day for my parent's wedding reception in the enormous front yard.



Driving back to Milwaukee to see daddy who was working at a sister company of his, the boys were excited to 'ride' his rental car.


Later that night, we had supper at cousin Sarah's house where my other cousin and Aunt Ruth and Uncle Jim joined us.

Here's Gracie, the kids' second cousin enjoying icecream next to Judah.


In Milwaukee, Daddy treated us to the notorious Kopps for frozen custard.


On that last day Daddy had to work, I took the kids to the Milwaukee Childrens Museum. The kids had so much fun.








On the way home we stopped at another McDonalds but this one had a play place so that was a nice way to get out their wiggles.

1 comment:

Carrie S said...

The pictures and the rich history they display are so precious. Thanks for sharing.