Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Looking Heavenward Once Again

On Friday, I went for my 15 week dr appointment to find there was no heartbeat. It was a rough day. The worst was telling the kids. They've been worried from the beginning, so it was very hard to tell them the news. I go in this Thursday morning to the hospital.

I have seen God's grace working so wonderfully in our lives through this time-showing His steadfast faithfulness. He's provided me with a husband who is an anchor- reminding me of God's promises. He's provided friends that seek us out to help (when my first reaction is to hide). He's provided 4 children who give me plenty of reasons to still smile and go on with living.

If you can think of it, please pray especially for Sophia, my 10 year old. She's really struggling.



A friend emailed me this verse this morning and I'm thankful for these comforting words:

Psalm 63: 6-8 "When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches, for You have been my help, and in the shoadow of Your wings I sing for joy. My soul clings to You, Your right hand upholds me."

2 comments:

The Lady of the Holler said...

Oh, Laura -- I'm so, so sorry for your loss. As you said, God is gracious and His mercies are new every morning. Praying for you and your family.

Carrie S said...

Praying for you all. May His comfort fill your cups to overflowing.