Monday, August 1, 2011

Playing Catch Up Again

Whew. Looking back over the last several months I'm trying to decide what to post first. I guess I should back up to April. Today, I promised my grandmother I would post pictures of the murals

I've been working on and realized I haven't posted the most recent one. Earlier I painted the 50s children with pendants, then the next two were free standing canvases. The first was a baseball fence scene with hidden pictures and then the second was from an old photo of Roger Maris. This one was so fun because it was so different from the rest being in monotone. It also felt like the paint flew quickly for this one.







The shot below shows the size of the canvas. The living room was the only place I could fit the canvases. They were too large to take upstairs or downstairs to paint in an out-of-the-way spot. So, my kids were a bit disappointed that having many friends over to play was not happening much these days.







So fun to be painting again!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh my word, this is my favorite yet! I have not visited in a while, WOW, I love it! Have you picked a favorite yet?