Saturday, September 6, 2008

Holiday...Week 2

Since I was a child, my parents would camp at Pancake Bay, Ontario on Labor Day Weekend. I have always wanted to take my husband and children there someday. The timing was right so we decided to head up with my parents to Canada and extend our vacation a bit.




Traveling through Mackinaw:









Had to stop for some juicy U.P. Red Haven Peaches...




Watching a ship cross from Lake Michigan to Lake Huron at the Sault Ste. Marie Locks:




Then crossing over to Canada:




To Pancake Bay. It was breathtaking...just as I fondly remembered...







My husband was called on business to Guelph, Ontario so we decided to even extend the vacation (which Canadians call it 'on holiday') some more and go on the visit with him. This time, however, visiting the place where he grew up. We drove down Lake Huron on the Canadian side. There were no beaches it seemed. There was just rock... then water.


The kids got to see the home their daddy grew up in for the first time:

We were able to visit his Hungarian Grandma, who just turned 90


No comments: