Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Gift of Music

(Sophie at age 3 and her toy violin):


Sophie and I are excited because we are just beginning Book 2 in violin. One year ago, when Sophie was just beginning, I was trying to understand how the instrument worked along with her. I enjoyed it so much I began taking lessons too. We have had so much fun together. Her daddy, who has always been very musical, has introduced music to the kids at a very young age.



I discovered being 30 wasn't too old to learn a new instrument! I've so enjoyed being able to participate in this way.




Mmm... maybe the cello next?

What instrument will you choose?




The best, most beautiful, and most perfect way that we have of expressing a sweet concord of mind to each other is by music.

Jonathan Edwards

No comments: