Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Oh...my heart...Part 1

I've had that sick feeling for the last couple of days. The kind when the heart hurts. Yesterday I was reading an article that stated:

Since 1973 when the Supreme Court legalized abortion, we have killed more than the entire population of Canada.

That's staggering to me. Perhaps it hits even closer to home because I have children of my own and I even had a baby die by natural causes. When Samantha died, I've had people question why I didn't have an abortion knowing her fatal outcome as a Trisomy 18 baby. Aside from knowing it would have been wrong to kill her in my womb, I cannot fathom not having the sweet memories of her. We would have missed her sweet sounds and smiles and we would never gotten to know her.

I look forward to help with this in some way. To the mom who's already experienced abortion, there is sweet forgiveness. To the mom considering an abortion, I pray that you will seek help and that we Christians will flock to them.



1 comment:

Carrie S said...

You might "enjoy" not the right word, be blessed by, watching our copy of "The First Blast of the Trumpet Against the Monstrous Regiment of Women" dvd that we have from Vision Forum. It was their Independent Christian Film festival top winner last year. We've loaned it to many people and it always spawns lots of conversation and thoughts. It's based on John Knox's tract. Anyway, the numbers they have in there on abortion deaths are staggering and the way they present them stop you in your tracks. Let me know if you'd like to borrow it. And, I love the picture you used!