Sunday, February 1, 2009

Winter Wonderland

Tuesday we were hit with an ice/snow storm. Because of our curvy, hilly country backroads, our road was one of the last to be plowed.




The trees were so pretty even though they have such a heavy burden to bear with all of the ice. All of the blue hues are delightful and the colors seem more brilliant.



Friday I decided to try to get out for some groceries. Driving down our driveway, I was mesmerized by the glittering beauty. I had to lean out the window and take a few pictures...

Oops. Slid off the driveway a little and couldn't get out. 5 hours later a tow truck came and pulled me out. Yes, out of my own driveway. So you can imagine the teasing I've had from my other half this weekend...




2 comments:

The Lady of the Holler said...

Oh no! Drat that snow! :o)

Were you stuck in your driveway the whole five hours or did you make it back to your house?

Laura said...

Thankfully, we could wait in our warm house! The tow truckers were busy that day with real emergencies!!