Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Little Reminders


I was talking with a dear friend this week about an incident recently which flooded back memories of Samantha's death. I had such a hard time shaking it that day. She was patient with me, as I asked 'Should I stop talking about her yet? It has been just over a year now...' In her own kind way, she told me that this is what friends are for. Generally, it's so awkward for people to know what to say so usually nothing is said. I understand that. I'm thankful for the friends who ask, every once in a while, questions about her. I also am so thankful for the people I have found through this who have also lost a child and are living life. To think that I don't have to drive many hours to share with you over a cup of tea! Lastly, I'm thankful for the little gifts that were given that are sprinkled around my home that when I just want to think about her I can:

My emerald ring from my husband (her birthstone),
my shadowbox with her things in it
and
my drawing of her bonnet.

When I walk outside:

her memorial garden,
the pink Dogwood tree
and
the beautiful windchimes from our family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're still talking about Samantha and hope that I can be a listening ear if you need one. She was a blessing and is missed by many.