Sunday, November 23, 2008

Not of this World


I still am thinking about this...


I've been wrestling with materalism lately.


Do I live in a way that others see that my hope is not in this world or the things in it, but in the world to come?


It is sooo easy to be a lover of money. Especially here in American and even this time of year.


Where is my hope? Do I continually fail to remember that all that I possess isn't mine anyway? That I am only managing it for the Creator Himself?


I don't know exactly how that looks or what exactly I should do. But, it sure makes me think twice what my Christmas list should look like...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah.... a topic that weighs on our minds continually. As we ventured out yesterday afternoon, to the delight of kiddos, I was soon discouraged to find the same stuffitis (sp?) that I see every Christmas. It has a gripping effect on everyone, how easily we fall prey to stuff! I sometimes think we are perceived as being a Scrooge of sort. I would love to be able to truly celebrate CHRISTmas for the original meaning.

Sorry for the soapbox, with the current financial crisis, it is frightening to watch the crowds, they scamper to and fro spending as if the word temperate never entered their vocabulary.

Thank you for the reminder, how am I perceived by others, do they see a difference in my life in all areas. Money, it reveals where my heart is!