Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Judah James

On May 13, 2008, we checked in to the same birthing center at the same hospital with the same doctor just as we had done exactly one year previous. I was continually praying for help in trusting in Him and this new birth. The nurses were so very kind. To my surprise, many noticed our name on the large screen that’s posted and several came just to check on us and make sure things were o.k. When he finally arrived there were 5 nurses to witness the new little miracle. Judah (which means Praise God) James was born at 6:30 p.m. He was a strong healthy boy at 8 pounds 10 ounces and 21 inches long and we were overwhelmed with joy.

The day after he was born, I went back to the special care nursery and gave them a note that thanked them and told them the rest of Samantha’s story, as they requested a year ago. One nurse in particular who came on duty later that day, came to me to thank me and to see our new little one. What a big testimony from such a little girl who lived for such a short time.

Judah was welcomed by family and friends with thankfulness. Someday he will know more fully how much of a blessing he is to all of us.
Psalm 34:1-4 I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make its boast in the Lord; The humble shall hear of it and be glad. Oh, magnify the Lord with me, And let us exalt His name together. I sought the Lord, and He heard me, And delivered me from all my fears.

1 comment:

Mrs. MK said...

Praise the Lord for this little guy!! How adorable he is!!