Friday, August 1, 2008

Samantha smiled!!

September 3, 2007


Julie was over for the weekend. It was great to see her. She is a dear friend.

On Monday, the day she left, just an hour or so before actually, we were all sitting on the couch talking and this wave of normalcy seemed to wash over Samantha's face. For a moment it actually looked like she was looking at me (she doesn't have the natural eye reflexes so we don't know if she can see). I started to talk to her and smile and then all the sudden she started to smile back! I yelled out loud for Julie, who was sitting right next to me, to look and she saw her do it again, then Jonathan ran over and saw it! It was a precious wide grin!!!
There were tears of joy that day. I never thought I'd see her smile. Thanks to God for that indescribable gift.

She smiled for 3 consecutive days and we were able to get one still shot and one video camera.


No comments: